In the process of beer brewing, excessive dissolved substance which contents nitrogen in material and accessories enter into malt juice evitably. The excessive thermal-changed protease can be removed when the malt juice is boiled, but there are many other cool protease to result in beer turbidity, which can't be removed through normal boil. This cool protease can make filter difficult, and effact eventually beer's non-biological stability. In the process of boiling malt juice, adding Carrageenin can validly remove excessive protease(especially cool protease) to obtain clear and stable malt juice.
Carrageenin is a macromolecular D-Gelose which is extracted from extractive of Delisea Pulchra, and it is a neutral and green prodcut. In the case of pH of malt juice, it can apply its molecular-chain ester sulphate to combine with protease which has the positive charge in malt juice to generate condensation product which generally gets big and heavy and deposit from the juice, and then generate the firm malt dregs, therefore, the result of removing excessive protease can be reached, which increase beer's non-biological stability.
Two. Main function and trait
1. Removing excessive protease(especially cool protease) in malt juice to increase beer non-biological stability.
2. Clearing malt juice to improve beer filter.
3. Induce the using quantity of filtering medium.
4. Raising density of malt dregs, and induce loss of malt juice to increase acquired rate of malt juice.
5. It is completely a kind of auxiliary medium which combine with protease and don't enter into beer after it deposits.
6. This won't affect stability of beer flavor.
Three. Using methods
This product is added into the boiling pan ahead of ten to twenty mins before malt juice finishs its boil. Granular carrageenin can be directly added into the boiling pan, and powder should be mixed to paste using water before it is added, which can avoid powder's fly.
Four. Using quantity
The recommended quantity is 15-30 ppm. Amount of this enzyme you add rests on the case of using additional material each factory and content of protease in malt juice. The suitable amount you add should be certained according to the experimental result.
Five. Storage and package specification
In the condition of cool and dry place, it can be kept well two years.